Munich is the perfect place to do just that. In this cosmopolitan city with its charisma and charm, you’ll find a thousand and one options to celebrate your hen party with lots of love, fun and action. There are a huge range of daytime activities and event ideas – and there’s plenty of partying after sunset, too (through to the wee small hours if you so wish). Our Munich insiders have compiled eight brand new tips for you!
1) The party location
Want to dance the entire night away with your girlfriends? Enjoy cool drinks in a stylish setting? Rock the dance floor at the city’s hippest clubs? Munich nightlife offers countless locations at which to crown your bachelorette queen of the night. Here are a few suggestions:
- the party classic P1 and Pacha (Prinzregentenstr. 1 and Maximiliansplatz 5)
- Paradiso dance bar with its amazing live shows (Rumfordstr. 2)
- Heart, with its beautiful premises at Lenbachplatz (motto: food & dance for happy people)
- Theresa Bar in cool 1960s style (Theresienstr. 31)
- the sophisticated Goldene Bar at Haus der Kunst
- The High: highball drinks in a cool jungle atmosphere (Blumenstr. 15)
- ... and lots, lots more ...
One option is not to commit to a single venue but stay on the go instead – for example in the form of an extended pub crawl, or by booking a party bus or party tram (both are possible in Munich).
You’re certainly going to want to run riot for your hen party, there’s no doubt about that. But by way of a change, you might plan for a bit of relaxation, too – whether before or after. In Munich you’ll find numerous wellness oases and day spas to indulge yourselves in every possible way imaginable. Our top three: Blue Spa at Bayerischer Hof hotel, auszeit in Pasing, and for truly deep relaxation: weightless floating at Float Schwabing in the English Garden.
3) Cooking for the lucky bride-to-be!
Anyone can tuck into a festive meal at a restaurant. As an interesting alternative you might whip up your hen party menu yourselves – in a stylish setting and under the guidance of professional chefs. There are a number of cooking locations in Munich that offer their own culinary services. Here are just a few suggestions: Kochgarage (Nymphenburgerstr. 25), Genusswerkstatt in Haidhausen (Steinstr. 24) and Koch dich Glücklich in Glockenbachviertel (Ickstattstr. 11a).
4) ... aaand action!
Is your bachelorette a sporting ace? If so, be sure to include some action in your hen party event. How about a little beach volleyball tournament (e.g. BEACH38°, Friedenstr. 22c, outdoor and indoor), for instance? Or you could opt for a bouldering session (e.g. Boulderwelt Ost or West)? Or else have her leap into happiness – at Bavaria’s first trampoline park (AirHop, Ingolstädter Str. 172). There are certainly plenty of possibilities in Munich!
5) Pole position!
Who’s interested in what the boys are up to at their stag party? The ladies are sure to have a much better time of it! Why not go for the pole? Pole dancing is the hottest fitness trend to emerge in recent years. Here is a selection of course providers – with prying male eyes definitely excluded: Munich Poledance (Leonrodplatz 2), PoleworkX (Anglerstr. 6), Vertical Ballerina (Balanstr. 73).
6) Looking for a way out?
Want to escape just before the wedding? The ultimate disaster! Unless ... Unless you hide the future bride in an Escape Room. Here, breaking out is exactly what is wanted. In Munich there are a whole range of competing providers that offer increasingly creative ideas to attract players.
7) The Day After
Hen party-goers have been known to wake up the morning after the night before suffering from a slight headache. The best remedy for this is a really good (late riser) breakfast. Munich has a huge selection to offer here – from a hearty Weißwurst brunch through to a full American breakfast complete with all the trimmings.
8) Your home base: City Aparthotel Munich
Given all the action, you’re going to need a perfect base where you can get styled up together before going out clubbing – or simply crash out for a few hours. City Aparthotel offers you perfect accommodation:
- stylish rooms and apartments for up to eight people
- easy and convenient to get to (whether by car, rail or air)
- and above all: the Aparthotel is situated right at the heart of Munich’s night life. A lot of locations are within walking distance. So if one of you wants to go home early, it’s no problem at all! For the others, you can simply take the underground, the rapid transit train (S-Bahn), the tram or the bus.
So: now’s the time to plan your Munich hen party. For unforgettable moments among the best of friends!